September is still having hot summer days. In fact, it seems that we finally will have all those warm and hot days that didn't appear last August. Now that the holidays are over, we are finally having the desire to go to the beach. Here at home, albeit the heat, the oven doesn't stop being used. Today's recipe is a delicious roasted zucchini stuffed with farinheira and tomato. A truly delight!
5 small zucchini
Iberian pork farinheira (smoked sausage)
0.5dl olive oil
2 chopped shallots
2 big ripe tomatoes
some savory leaves or a sprig of parsley
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut the zucchini in half. With the aid of a knife or a Paris spoon remove the pulp from the zucchini.
2. Chop the zucchini pulp.
3. Pour the oil in a skillet then add the chopped shallots and the chopped zucchini pulp. Stir and cook for a while.
4. Add the chopped unpeeled and unseeded tomatoes. Let it cook for a while.
5. Remove the farinheira skin and then cut it into slices. Add the slices to skillet mixture while stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the eggs after being scrambled. Add the savory leaves or parsley.
7. Stuff the zucchini with the previous mixture.
8. In a bowl mix the cheese and bread crumbs. Sprinkle the stuffed zucchini with this mixture.
9. Place the zucchini on a oven dish. Put it in a 200ºC preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Enjoy your meal!
[ Originally published in Portuguese as Courgette recheada com farinheira e tomate ]